Just popping on to post a quick update from Sochi. We arrived safely yesterday and are settling in to our hotel. We skated twice today and had our first experience at the rink. I’m hoping it will be sunny tomorrow and I’ll bring my camera with me so I can throw some pics up here of the rink and surrounding construction zone(s).
Welcome!My name is Michael Gilday and I'm on a journey that will hopefully lead me to the top of the podium at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. Why not read along and join me?
- Arghh, terrible news. Heal well @gsimmerling. twitter.com/CBCOlympics/st… 6 hours ago
- The fan in me wants to watch all the world cup action on @CBCOlympics today, but it's bluebird outside, so I must g… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- Episode 2 of Toujours Plus Vite is now online! Follow the Canadian Short Track Team behind the scenes as they prepa… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Not the kind of news you ever want to see, let alone 3 weeks before an Olympics. Huge pressure on the Korean team a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Congrats @brendanjgreen! 3 time Olympian. #legend twitter.com/CBCOlympics/st… 4 days ago